Our restorative dentistry team is dedicated to restoring and enhancing the natural beauty of your smile, creating a balance between function and aesthetics. We believe that when you are able to smile with confidence, you will present your best self to the world. Some examples of services provided in addition to routine dental hygiene are as follows:
A dental crown is a tooth-shaped “cap” that is placed over a tooth — to cover the tooth. It restores a tooth’s shape, size, strength, and improves its appearance. The crowns, when cemented into place, fully encase the entire visible portion of a tooth that lies at and above the gum line
Crowns are used in many different applications. Typically, the tooth has been broken or severely damaged by decay. As a result, a filling cannot replace enough of the tooth or make the tooth strong enough. A crown may also hold together parts of a cracked tooth or be used to hold a bridge in place. Crowns can be used to improve appearance as well. They may be placed to cover misshapen or badly discolored teeth.
At Avon Village Family Dentistry, we are proud to offer CEREC restorations for many of these situations. With this exciting technology, a model of each patient’s teeth is made using a digital video camera. The crown is designed on the computer and sent to a milling machine right in our office. These crowns are beautiful, long-lasting, and replicate the natural anatomy and function of a tooth. Best of all, the entire process is completed in ONE visit!
A dental implant is a small titanium post that is surgically anchored in the jaw to replace a missing tooth. After healing, when the implant fixture has integrated in the bone, a crown (tooth) is built on top of the post.
Implants offer an excellent solution for the replacement of a missing tooth. They also can be used to replace multiple missing teeth as well as to support and stabilize dentures.
At Avon Village Family Dentistry, we perform the surgical placement of many dental implants or work in coordination with a local oral surgeon in some cases.
We restore all types of dental implants!
Dentures (Partial & Full):
Removable appliances that can replace missing teeth and surrounding tissues. They can replace some or all teeth and can help to restore your smile.
This appliance can be used to help fill out the appearance of your face and profile, and can be made to closely resemble the look of natural teeth.
Dentures can help patients through:
- Mastication, as chewing ability is improved by replacing edentulous areas with denture teeth.
- Aesthetics, because the presence of teeth gives a natural appearance to the face, and wearing a denture to replace missing teeth provides support for the lips and cheeks and corrects the collapsed appearance that results from the loss of teeth.
- Pronunciation, because replacing missing teeth, especially the anteriors, enables patients to speak better. There is especially improvement in pronouncing words containing sibilants or fricatives.
- Self-esteem, because improved looks and speech boost confidence in the ability to interact socially.
An alternative to dentures are dental implants. They can be used to support cemented bridges, eliminating the need for a denture. The cost is usually greater, but the implants and bridges more closely resemble the feel of real teeth. Dental implants are becoming the alternative to a denture but not everyone is a candidate for implants.
In addition, implants can be used to anchor dentures. This is an excellent alternative to fixed bridgework. It can require as few as two implants.
Dental bonding is a procedure in which a tooth-colored resin (a durable plastic material) is applied and hardened with a special light, which ultimately “bonds” the material to the tooth to restore (fill cavity) or improve your smile.
Dental bonding is an option that can be considered for the following:
- repair decayed teeth (composite resins are used to fill cavities)
- repair chipped or cracked teeth
- improve the appearance of discolored teeth
- close spaces between teeth
- make teeth look longer
- change the shape of teeth
- as a cosmetic alternative to amalgam fillings
- protect a portion of the tooth’s root that has been exposed when gums recede
32 East Main Street, Avon, CT 06001
Monday – 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Tuesday – 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Wednesday – 8:00 AM – 7:00 PM
Thursday – 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Friday – 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Saturday – Closed
Sunday – Closed